Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tiny Haircuts, Big Prices

When I tell someone I am taking Eli, my 14 month old, for a haircut, they probably think- how exciting- his first haircut. Well, actually yesterday was his third haircut.

My kid's hair grows like it is on steroids. His hair was cut last on his birthday and two weeks later Lowell was ready to take him back in for another cut. Luckily, I could stall Lowell until now.

Eli's hair curls like mine did as a kid so as soon as Lowell sees a curl, he wants it cut off.

We have been to a store called "Halfpint Haircuts" twice now. It is a place where they specifically do haircuts for kids. They have TVs with cartoons on. Smaller chairs for the little ones etc. Smaller everything except for their prices. They charge $15 a haircut (if my memory is correct) for little kids haircuts! Now, maybe, I am not with the program but I thought that was high.

A friend of mine has been taking her 15 month old son to Supercuts and has had some great experiences there so we took Eli there for the first time yesterday. No baby chairs so Eli had to sit on my lap which was not a big deal. The lady was patient with him and did a pretty good job. Price -$12. $12 for a little kid haircut at Supercuts! I am definitely not with the program. I used to love my $5 haircut that my friend Sue would hook me up with!

Anyways, I will have to learn to live with the prices since in Lowell will insist that Eli needs another haircut by the weekend.

(Editor's note: I would have posted pictures but since Lowell decided to dress Eli in a silly Gator outfit I did not want to take any pictures. Will try to take some pictures today in a much nicer Seminole outfit.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Hysterical, is this blog purely Seminole?
Why doesn't Lowell just do the settings on his razor and give Eli that close cut he's craving? (Lowell, not Eli. Personally, I love the curls on Eli.)

Lowell N said...

Sorry, I've seen the haircut... a blind man without thumbs could have done a better job.

Eli's next cut will be at Sportsclips and will include a warm towel and a neck massage (without the happy ending).