Monday, July 7, 2008

Hey!

Eli is 13 months now and is not talking much. This is the one milestone I am not worried about, not yet at least. He is a boy and girls usually talk sooner than boys. Eli has said some words- Mama, Dada, Wallace (Allace- the dog's name) and even Bruce (the other dog's name), but his favorite word right now is "Hey!" When he wants your attention, he says "hey"- not hi!

Lowell, Eli and I went out for lunch yesterday and I received a phone call from my mom. I can't stand it when people talk on their cell phones at the table and not to be a hyprocite, I took the call from outside. Apparently, Eli could see my from the window and he was calling for me Lowell said. "Hey" "Hey" (even louder this time)

Luckily the restaurant was full of kids and very loud so Eli was not interrupting anyone and also luckily I was not on the phone long. Eli was very happy to see me return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when Sprite was only saying "doggie" and "hi". Now it's "sit down" and "go way" and "mine". Sigh. The good old days.