Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Preschool Assessment - D.P.

Editor's note: Name is hidden so school cannot sue me for defamation.

Eli and I went to visit D.P. today. I was very excited about this school. Thought it would be in the final round. Boy, was I wrong.

First impression was great. Security to get into the building was good. Friendly, knowledgeable, face at the front desk. And, she even spoke English that I could understand. I asked my questions and received answers that I wanted to hear. Decent teacher to child ratio. Turnover rate was not bad. So far, so good.

Then, we went for the tour and it all went downhill from there. We walked into the Toddler room and it was 100 degrees inside. The teacher asked the person giving my tour if she could turn the air conditioning on. It was 10:30am and 90 degrees outside. These kids should have ac. Even I was hot in the room and I am always cold!. Strike 1!

Next, we walked outside to the playground. Some of the equipment looked great but there was one walk behind car which should have been thrown away years ago. Pieces of it were broken and it was filthy and just looked old! Strike 2!

Finally, we walked through another classroom. There were no kids in the room. But, there was a sippy cup full of milk in a crib. Can you say spoiled milk? Strike 3!

Price- Price does not matter with this place. We won't be going there.

No comments: