Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I HATE lazy people!

Well I just want to complain for a bit. Americans are lazy. We go through the drive through instead of going inside, we take the elevator instead of the stairs to even go to the second floor and we park in the fire lane instead of a parking spot.

Today, I had two errands to run. I needed to bring something to the dry cleaners and mail out some FSU season tickets. Both errands can be run from the same shopping plaza. I parked at one end of the plaza, put Eli in his stroller and made my way to errand number 1: UPS.

I walk to the other side of the plaza and some women parked her car right by the door of UPS. (A parking spot was a few feet away literally and she decides to park in the fire lane.) Usually, I give people like this a much deserved dirty look and move on but today I decided to say something to her. I said "You know, you are in a fire lane and a spot is right there." (pointing to the spot that was so close I could virtually touch) She was a little flustered after my remark and said "Oh, I was just dropping something off."

We both walk into UPS. She tells the cashier she was just going to drop this off and the cashier tells her she needs to buy an envelope. She walks out of the store because she says she is not parked appropriately. (like it is difficult to move the car)

I took care of my shipment and walked to the other side of the plaza to do my second errand.

I can't stand lazy people. It is one thing to park your car by the Blockbuster video return window because you have a baby sitting in the car seat that you do not want to get out for a few seconds, another to park in a fire lane because you are too lazy to walk from a parking spot. And, just because you drive an overpriced car like a Lexus or BMW, does not make you better than a Honda driver.

And while I am in a complaining mood- Americans are rude. Get OFF your phone while you are paying for something at some store. I do not need to listen to what you are making for dinner tonight and I can get my stuff paid for quicker if you actually paid attention to what the cashier is telling you.

2 comments:

Beccabec said...

Good for you for saying something! I think I could just write a blog of lazy and/or stupid things Americans do.

My favorite is when people park illegally or wait for a very close spot to the gym. Seriously, you can't walk a little further to go work out at the gym. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I always make a point to end the call when I'm paying for something or make the person hold. Or I excuse myself from the table if I need to take a call. Lazy people, rude people, all in the same boat!