Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pleading Words to my Son’s Second Molar

Dear Molar,

It is great that you have blessed us with your precedence. It was wonderful to brush my son’s teeth last night and see one corner of you in his mouth. But, could you please finish coming through? Last night, Eli was awake (and I was awake) every two hours trying to deal with the pain of you coming through. It would be great if you could finish your way into this world.

I promise to take care of you and nag Eli to take care of you when he gets older. You will get a healthy amount of milk to keep you strong and be massaged by Eli’s toothbrush twice a day.

If I keep my promise to take care of you, will you promise to come through as quickly as possible?

Signed,
A Loving Mother

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think that letter will work for front teeth? Baby Boy has three little teeth at the top just peeking to see if it is okay to come out but they just won't come out! Mind you - he did not grow out his first tooth until he was 16 months old!! We are so excited to see remnants of new inhabitants that we just can't wait for them to shine through!

Allinole said...

Can't hurt to try. :)

Beccabec said...

Good luck with your letter! I hope the molar listens but they are known to be stubborn.

Anonymous said...

What is going on with my computer? I have been seeing the "officially a geek" post and then today, finally, 2 others! Oy.
I think bribery works best on teeth. Or yelling. I resorted to both on two seperate occasions and it worked.