Thursday, September 25, 2008

It is Mommy, not Ali!

Eli does not say many words yet but the one word he says all the time is Dada! If we are upstairs and he hears my husband downstairs, he screams Dada.

Well, mama was his first word months ago but he has not said it in a long time. When my MIL was here a couple of months ago, she thought Eli was calling me Ali. But, I did not here it. Last night, Lowell told me that he though Eli was calling me Ali.

So, I guess he is calling me something and I will take what I can get.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey look - Sneaky Monkey was calling me grandma! That darned Max & Ruby needs to have a mother figure!

But once I switched him to Caillou, he got the concept of mommy and daddy - now all I hear is Mommy!! I love that word!

Casey Wilson said...

Oh that's funny! I think it's hilarious when kids call their parents by their first names. Mine hasn't done it yet so we'll see if I still feel that way when he does.

Anonymous said...

Sprite has been calling us John and Jen for a while, likes to do it when she's calling out. We try to correct her, but she smiles like she knows what's going on.