Friday, August 8, 2008

The Weaning Process

Now that we are finally done flying for a while, no excuses, time to wean Eli. I have such mixed emotions about it: happy that I get my body back, sad that I miss this snuggle time with Eli.

Last week, I tried putting Eli down for a nap without nursing him. It did not go over well. He did not want the sippy cup and screamed. I ended up nursing him. Since that day, I have had Lowell put Eli down for a nap. Armed with a book and sippy cup full of milk, Lowell was able to get Eli down with minimal crying.

Today was the first time I put Eli down for a nap without nursing. I read to Eli while he drank out of his sippy cup and then said goodnight and put him in his crib. He only cried for a minute and then was out.

My little boy is growing up.

No comments: