Friday, August 22, 2008

The End of Summer is Near

Wow, is it the end of August already? Where does the time go?

From living in Florida for the first 30 years of my life, I expect summer to last basically year round, but it is not that way here in Georgia. The community which I live in has a community pool and it is only open 4 months out of the year. I used to think, we can extend that time and get extra usage of the pool.

The pool here is closing in a couple of weeks. And, I will miss it. I am usually out there 2-3 times a week and take Eli swimming. Whenever he swims, he either takes a longer nap or sleeps longer through the night. It is wonderful.

But, I went to the pool yesterday and the water was cold. It was warm enough to swim in but not the bath water temperature that a Floridian loves. I used to be upset that the pool was closing so soon because I could be missing valuable swimming time but I know that in reality, summer will be over in a couple of weeks and the water will be too cold for my liking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy, we're taking the little one to the pool this weekend for a birthday party. That means I HAVE to go into the water. I wish I enjoyed swimming more like you.

Beccabec said...

Now, he honest. You don't miss the playtime in the pool, you miss Eli sleeping well from being so tired out. HAHAHAHA. Just kidding.