Monday, March 16, 2009

Atlanta Airport Experience

Editor's note: This post was written a week ago. Due to lack of Internet at our hotel and catching up on work when I arrived back, it is getting posted now!

I was so excited about our trip to Orlando. Lowell had a conference to attend and I was taking advantage of that by taking a couple days off work and taking Eli to Walt Disney Word for the first time.

Traveling is always a stressful experience in our household. Lowell likes to get to the airport when the plane is boarding and I prefer to be there 2 hours before. Each experience of driving to the airport usually lends itself to a disagreement.

Well, we arrive at the Atlanta Airport and the stress continues. The one nice thing about this airport is that there is a separate stroller line and in busy times you can cut 1 hour worth of security. Lowell and I proceed through that lane and go to the special assistance section of security. Because Delta now charges to check in even the first bag, we only had carry on. Each of us had one suitcase and one computer bag. Then we also had the stroller and the car seat- a lot of stuff! We had about half our stuff on the belt when a guy puts his stuff in front of mine. "Hey", I say, "we were in line first." He yells back- you are taking too long. I begin to move his tray back behind my stuff and he elbows me in the neck and pushes me. First of all, I was shocked then angry. I yell out to TSA- this guy just pushed me. Finally, Lowell who was occupied with Eli realizes what was going on and yells “this guy just pushed me wife, can we get some help here?” Finally, TSA yells for security as the guy goes through. Security did nothing. Finally Lowell and I go through security and yell for a cop.

The cop comes over, asked what happened and did nothing! Absolutely nothing. I was shocked and appalled. I should have pretended to fall and then maybe something would have happened.

The guy who pushed me had two girls with him, one looked to be a young teenager and the other a toddler. I feel very sorry for them. Their father could use some anger management and TSA in Atlanta needs to learn to do there jobs!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

What a jerk! I think I would have pretended to fall or be hurt, just to make sure he looked like an idiot. Atlanta is never a nice airport. Too many people crowding too small a space.