Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 2: Animal Kingdom

Today, Eli and I were on our own. Lowell was attending his conference and we were not meeting up with anyone. I decided to take Eli to Animal Kingdom thinking he would like the park. To me, Animal Kingdom was a glorified zoo. Yes, there are some attractions- the safari is neat and now they have a dino world with a few things but for the price of a one day ticket - $75 for non Florida residents, Animal Kingdom is not worth it.

Eli did enjoy looking at the animals but besides the safari and Dino ride (like Dumbo), I can’t think of any other rides we went on. I really wanted to see the Lion King and Nemo shows but one was 30 min long and the other 45 min long and I thought that was too long for Eli.

Luckily, today, a friend got me in the park so admission was free. Normally to park hop, you spend an additional $50! (rip off!) Eli and I took the bus to Hollywood Studies and went on the Great Movie Ride. I really wanted to go on the new Buzz Lightyear ride but the line was an hour long and it was close to naptime. So, Eli and I headed back to the hotel and I put him down for a nap.

I met some great friends who I have not seen in years for dinner and that was nice.

No comments: