Friday, February 27, 2009

Words

Eli is now 21 months old and I can’t believe the progress he has made in talking. The pediatrician said between 20 and 24 months that his words would explode but I did not believe it until I saw it.

I taught Eli baby signs when he was younger. It helped us communicate since he was not talking. He learned please, thank you, milk, more, eat etc. Eli still uses those signs but has started to incorporate the words with them. He now says more and milk.

Some of Eli’s other words include: mama, dada, Wallace (the dog), Bruce (the other dog), juice (one of his favorites), ball, pootball (football), ball ball (basketball), puck, nana (banana), apple, duck, up.

And his new word yesterday was ketchup! Eli is also learning the different sounds animals make. His favorite is the sound a horse makes!

I am so proud of my little man.

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oy, the sentences are close behind. Then the repeating. I didn't know a toddler could could properly say "schmuck". They can.. Congrats with Eli! He's getting so big!

Beccabec said...

They are little sponges! The other day Abby said "Holy Crap". Guess we are getting that one out of our vocabulary.

I can't wait to meet Eli next week!!!!!

I love the new background pic! You have to tell me how you did that.