Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thank you Swim Class


My son, Eli, is not much of a sleeper. He only naps once a day and only has been napping once a day since he was a couple months old. The number of times he has slept through the night, I can count on one hand.

A couple of weeks ago, we started a Mommy and Me otherwise known as a Mommy, Daddy, and Me (when my husband comes) swim class at the local YMCA. Last Monday, after class, Eli napped for 3.5 hours long. Even though he was up from 4am – 6am the night before, I could not believe he slept for so long. (Usual nap is 2 hours long) It was wonderful. I work from home and was able to get a good part of my work done for the day.

Today, we have swim class. I am hoping for another long nap. With the lack of sleep Eli gets at night, he needs it. And, with me working from home full time, I need the time.

So, swim class, can you tire out Eli again today? Please? Pretty please?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe stay in the pool a little bit longer for good measure? Come on, swim class!