Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The NON Three Day Sleep Method - Night 3

Well, the three day sleep method will definitely be more than three days in my case. I put Eli down at 7:15pm and it is almost 9:15pm and he is still awake. The book says most babies will stop crying and fall asleep within an hour. Eli is not most babies.

I have checked and consoled him several times and will continue until he finally falls asleep!

I don't think the book takes into account 1 year olds who have a molar coming in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before I give any assvice, I like to say "Here's what worked for me."
So, here's what worked for me. We established a bedtime routine to help calm the Sprite down and get her ready for bed. Sometimes, she quiets down immediately and drifts off to sleep. Sometimes, not so good and she's up for an hour. (As long as she's quiet, we're cool.)
We do the bath routine, read some books, turn on her aquarium, say good night to everything (especially the flowers and butterlies) (And Elmo, let's not forget him), and let her lay down on her own.
I really hope you gets your nights back soon!