Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I am now officially OLD!!!

This past weekend, I went into Hollister to buy a gift card for my much younger cousin's birthday. I walked into the store with Lowell and we were blasted by music. The first thing that ran through my head was "Can they turn this crap down?" (Actually not crap, I happen to love the music but it was so loud, it was hard to hear what music was actually on.)

I went to buy the gift card and had to yell to tell the cashier the amount. I wanted to yell out, "You are going to go deaf in here" but instead I yelled "$25 dollars please."

Who knew that at the age of 31- I am officially old!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't call it older. I call it smarter. (Where's my hearing aid?)

Robert Payne said...

Ali, I find myself doing that as well. I went out to eat lunch with some people from work. I am 48 and the rest of the folks ranged in age from 23 - 36 and they were talking about a concert some of them were going to that evening. I heard them mention names and honestly I couldn't figure out if that was the group name or the name of a CD or even a song --- I had not heard of any of it. I just sat there and nodded a lot!

I find myself saying the same thing to my nephews now that my dad used to say to me, "turn that racket down!" I prefer to think of it like wine - we age for the better!