Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Much Needed Vacation

We finally got away. Last week, Lowell, Eli and I traveled with friends and their kids to the Bahamas on a Royal Caribbean cruise. It is always wonderful to get away but especially when you leave your cell phone and computer behind.

I work for a Fortune 500 company and work many hours. During the week, I usually work 9-10 hours a day and work a few hours over the weekend. It was nice to take this vacation and leave the work computer behind. But, the problem is that the work does not stop while I am away. It just grows.

I returned from vacation to approximately 150 e-mails that I needed to do something with. I am a project manager and manage multiple projects at a time. Unfortunately, I am back from vacation but will be working long hours this week to catch up on work missed.

The vacation though was wonderful. I hope to blog about it this week. I really did find time to relax which I needed. I loved keeping my mind away from work and everything else. I also treasured the time that I spent with my family.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

At least you were able to make some memories with your family that didn't involve needing to squeeze work in. Good for you!