Thursday, October 22, 2009

Drink Up

I recently had a much deserved massage and my massage therapist asked me how much water I drink a day. If you asked me this two years ago when I was nursing and as healthy as I could be, I would have replied 4 cups a day at least! But, I can’t say I eat or drink as well as I used to. I don’t like the taste of coffee and if I have more than one soda a day, I get the jitters. But, I do like to drink juice. Lots of yummy sugar filled juice and working from home, I have the opportunity to drink as much as I want!

Anyways, I responded to my massage therapist, I don’t drink as much as I should- about 2 cups a day. She told me that I should be drinking half my weight in ounces of water a day! So 120lbs = 60 ounces of water a day. That is a lot of water.

So, now I am on a mission to drink 60 ounces of water a day. In the month since I was told this information, I have succeeded twice. I thought I would succeed today but I am down 30 ounces and only a few hours left in my day.

I have been drinking about 30 ounces of water a day and I tell you- I feel great. It is much better than drinking that much juice a day. I hope to keep up my consumption of water each day.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

This is the reason I get up twice a night to pee. :-)