Monday, October 12, 2009

Why?

I will take a break from the vacation posts for this small note about what is new in our household. Eli has started to question everything "Where is XXX? How much?" and his favorite is "Why?"

Here is how our conversation from breakfast went this morning.

Me: "Finish your cherrios."

Eli: "Why?"

Me: "Because it will make you big and strong."

Eli: "Why?"

Me: "Because it is healthy for you."

Eli: "Why?"

Me: "Because of the nutrients."

Eli: "Why?"

Me: "Because I said so."

Eli: "Why?"

Me: "Because I said so."

Eli: "Why?"

And it went on and on from there. I did not think the "Why" stage came until later but it is very cute. (at least for now)

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sprite is all about "okay?"
I'm going to the castle today, okay Mommy?"
"Um, hm, okay hon, whatever you want."
"Okay, and we go see Mickey and Minnie at the PINK castle, o-KAY Mommy?"
"Wait, what?"
"You said okay, so we go to the pink castle, o-KAY?
"Sprite, we can't go to the castle today."
Insert tantrum here.
:-)

Bill Lisleman said...

I wish people would keep asking why throughout their whole life.

I still do.