Thursday, February 26, 2009

Horray for Chili's

Tonight, Lowell, Eli and I went to dinner at Chili’s. Lowell and I are trying to eat out less to save on some funds but I had a great coupon to Chili’s. I am a Buzz Agent (I share “buzz” with other people on different products) and I received a coupon to try a Guiltless Platter. We were pleasantly surprised by the menu and selection.

We found that Chili’s offers a good selection on their kid’s menu. I am very strict with Eli’s diet. Obesity is so common in kids these days that I have to be. Eli rarely eats chicken nuggets and even less frequently has french fries. I could probably count on one hand as many times as he has had each. Chili’s had grilled chicken on their menu which always gets a star in my book and they had a selection of sides including vegetables and milk is offered as a drink without an extra charge. Two thumbs up for their kid’s meal.

As for my meal, the Guiltless Platter selection was wonderful. I knew that Chili's offered a Guiltless Chicken platter but did not know that they offered a salmon and steak platter.

I ordered the Guiltless Salmon Platter. It was excellent. The salmon was very flavorful and I would order this dish again.

It was nice to have an enjoyable experience eating out where I feel we ate healthy!

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sounds great! We need to rethink our ban on Chili's if the kid's meal is that healthy!

Beccabec said...

I am hanging my head as I leave a comment because I even have chicken nuggets at home and I give Abby fries when we eat out if there are no other options that I know she will eat...