Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Halloween

In every relationship, there is one: a spender and a saver. My husband is the spender and I am the saver.

For Halloween last year, my son was only 5 months old. Most of my mommy friends were going all out on buying expensive, fancy Halloween costumes. I did not see the point. Eli will be wearing the costume for a few hours and then that’s it. I would rather put that money into Eli’s college fund then spend it on an expensive costume.

My husband and I were shopping a few weeks before Halloween and Lowell was ready to buy Eli a costume. I was fine with buying Eli one but wanted to find one on sale and not spend $30 on it. Lowell found this great bear costume on sale for 50% off at the Gap outlet.

What a great find. And the best part about it, we did end up getting use out of it. This costume was so warm that Eli wore it once a week in the winter months until he grew out of it. It was my favorite outfit to put on him.

6 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

How adorable! Ali, would you like to submit this for the Spin Cycle? It's all about Halloween this week!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Just saw it on my site! You're linked!

Anonymous said...

oooh too cutie!!!

Casey said...

Wow, that costume is adorable and well worth it since he got to wear it for a bit longer.

The Stiletto Mom said...

He's so cute! And that little smile...my heart just melted.

Laufa said...

So cute!