Monday, November 10, 2008

Tina

When I think of Tina Turner, I never thought of her as one I would rush out to buy tickets for her concert. The Rolling Stones, maybe, Dave Matthews definitely but not Tina.

Now, my husband is a huge fan. Has been most of his life. And this you do not expect from the rap loving, techno loving person he is.

Anyways, back in May, they announced a Tina Turner concert here in Georgia for November. I asked Lowell is he would like a ticket to the concert as a Father’s Day gift and he said that would be great. We were able to buy tickets early since we had an AMEX card and got great expensive, floor seats.

Fast forward a few months to yesterday- concert day. We hire a babysitter and leave for the concert. I have not been to a concert in three years so was curious to see what t-shirt prices were like. I could not believe that when I entered the arena that a program alone was $30. T-shirts were $40. We were not planning on buying any souvenirs and did not in the end.
We get to our seats. Great seats. Probably 20 rows from the stage. We were disappointed though that the show started over 30 minutes late and that there were commercials before the show. We spent a lot of money on the tickets and did not want to see commercials.

The show was phenomenal. Tina looks great for her age and she really puts on a show. A moveable stage that moves her above the audience was amazing and her costume changes keep you interested.

Hubby had a good time as well although we were both exhausted from staying up way past our bedtime.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Hahah, that's great that you went to see Tina Turner! Prices have gone way up, haven't they? I remember when I used to buy the shirt for $20 and think it was outrageous.

Sprite's Keeper said...

The woman has got LEGS. How is that physically possible at her age? Amazing. Commercials during a concert? SELL OUT!!