Monday, January 5, 2009

Preschool Orientation

I can’t believe my little one starts preschool tomorrow. Time flies. Yesterday he was an infant- today he is a toddler and ready for school. We are starting Eli 3 half days a week and he will move into full time by next year. I think he will have a great time once he gets through the first couple of weeks.

Today, was our orientation. It was not a formal orientation since most kids started back in September- just an informal session where we learn how to sign Eli in and out, use the security system and meet Eli’s teachers.

We walked into Eli’s classroom and met his teachers. He was clingy to me at first but when I started talking to his teacher, he started playing with a truck. He brought the truck to me to show me and then went and played. I think it is a good sign that he felt comfortable walking away from me to play.

It was interesting to see that there were 80% boys in his classroom. Only two girls total. Can’t believe he starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Beccabec said...

GOOD LUCK! I am sure he will have so much fun.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Mazel tov on this milestone! He will do just fine. Um, maybe up your dosage of vitamin c, okay?